The company was formed in 1912 as Richards Glass Co. Ltd., a manufacturer and distributor of glass containers for the retail drug trade and pharmaceutical industries. At a time when virtually every medicine bottle was made of glass, the company prospered and expanded rapidly throughout central Canada.
During those early days, Richards Glass was known not just for the quantities its factories could produce, but for the quality and selection of its goods and services. These elements were crucial when it came time to innovate and lead the way in the packaging industry.
In the late 1970s, with a new name, new technology and a larger distribution base, Richards Packaging Inc’s sales to the Canadian and U.S. markets expanded quickly. Today, the company has grown far beyond the widest boundaries ever imagined by founder Paul Richards.
But the company still focuses on its founding principles: quality, selection and customer service.